Thermally insulating, load-bearing bulk aggregate made from 100% recycled glass
- High thermal insulation properties – The large number of closed cell pores, as well as the air enclosed therein, are responsible for R 1.7 per compacted inch.
- Very water permeable – GLAVEL’s cells remain dry, interstitial spaces allow water to drain off .
- Excellent frost resistant properties and protection against frost heave of foundations/roadbeds
- Resistant to nearly all acids, bases, bacteria, frost, aging, rotting, wetness and rodents.
- Environmentally-friendly recycled glass has an excellent energy balance.
- Inert material when exposed to soil, qualifies as “clean fill”
- Lightweight – bulk density of foam glass is only one twentieth of the other weight of aggregates, the low specific weight of 9.5 lbs./CF(bulk volume).
Non-combustible – Glass does not burn.