- High thermal insulation properties - The large number of closed cell pores, as well as the air enclosed therein, are responsible for the excellent R- value of the material.
- Very water permeable - GLAVEL’s cells remain dry, interstitial spaces allow water to drain off .
- Excellent frost resistant properties and protection against frost heave of foundations/roadbeds
- Resistant to nearly all acids, bases, bacteria, frost, aging, rotting, wetness and rodents.
- Environmentally friendly recycled glass with excellent energy balance.
- Inert material when exposed to soil, qualifies as “clean fill”
- Lightweight - bulk density of foam glass is only one twentieth of the other weight of aggregates.
- The low specific weight of 9.5 lbs./CF(bulk volume).
Non-combustible - Glass does not burn.