Glavel, Inc. is looking to expand the capabilities of our capable team in Burlington VT. If you’re interested in working for a purpose-driven, entrepreneurial organization in the early startup phase, this is the place for you. Find available positions below.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate and monitor manufacturing equipment in the production of foam glass aggregate. Processes
- to include material blending and furnace operation.
- Execute raw material storage and staging utilizing electric forklift.
- Operate telehandler for aggregate transport, storage, bagging and truck loading
- Execute daily standard machine & facilities maintenance functions – clean & inspect, minor
- machine/system adjustments & repairs, facility housekeeping
- Perform routine finished product Quality Control including sample collection, preparation, analysis and
- Follow all safety guidelines and procedures (PPE, equipment, facility, etc.)
- Any additional tasked deemed fitting to the efficient operation of the facility.
- Provide back-up to Team Lead as required
- Reports to Plant Manager
9.5% Day Shift Premium (equates $18.07/hr.) Plus, additional 10% Night shift premium. (Equates $19.72/hr.)
Glavel, Inc. is seeking a Maintenance Technician at the Essex, VT facility on a two week alternating work schedule. Flexibility is required, including working overtime as needed. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for upkeep of the facility and equipment maintenance programs, troubleshooting, and repairs of production and material handling equipment. This position is responsible for performing preventative maintenance to ensure there are minimal disruptions to production. In addition, the Maintenance Technician will assist in the operation of production equipment, continuous improvement, and operator training.
- Responsible for adherence of all maintenance procedures and required documentation.
- Recommend and implement continuous improvement measures regarding all Maintenance programs.
- Equipment training and associate adherence to maintenance protocol.
- Excellent troubleshooting ability as well as making repairs safely, timely and accurately.
- Mechanical & electrical aptitude: well versed in pneumatics, hydraulics, servicing motors, gear boxes and other general equipment maintenance.
- Forklift/heavy equipment driving experience.
- Attention to detail to ensure that all jobs are completed in an exemplary manner and any potential hazards or warning signs of problems are not overlooked.
- Ambition to learn and mentor others working both independently and as a strong team member.
Pay rate is $23.54/hr. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Glavel is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful
discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national
origin, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other
applicable status protected by state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based
on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has
the purpose or effect of substantially interfering with an individual’s work performance or creating an
intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including
managers, supervisors, co-workers and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors and
consultants. This policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment as well as the use
of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions
such as promotions, compensation, benefits and termination of employment.
Glavel shall take affirmative action to ensure applicants and employees are treated without regard to
race, religion, color, age, marital status, disability, sex or national origin in all employment actions
including, but not limited to recruiting and selection; promotions; demotions and transfers; rates of pay
and other forms of compensation; selection for company sponsored training; and layoffs or other
terminations of employment.
Glavel will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities and
employees whose work requirements interfere with a religious belief unless doing so would result in an
undue hardship to Glavel or cause direct threat to health or safety.