Glavel, Inc. is looking to expand the capabilities of our capable team in Burlington VT. If you’re interested in working for a purpose-driven, entrepreneurial organization in the early startup phase, this is the place for you. Find available positions below.
Technical Sales Lead
The Technical Sales Lead will be responsible for supporting and closing commercial and civil deals while nurturing a healthy sales pipeline. With an understanding of civil projects and construction management, the Technical Sales Lead will be the geotechnical expert of foam glass gravel’s applications, uses and product specifications. The Technical Sales Lead will drive adoption of foam glass gravel in the marketplace while solidifying Glavel’s leadership status in the low carbon building space.
- Provide geotechnical project support
- Conduct testing and approvals at the regional and state level (DOT + ASTM)
- Work closely with the Sales Manager to meet revenue and profitability goals
- Interface with decision makers to influence the adoption of foam glass gravel in projects
- Drive adoption of foam glass gravel in accordance with relevant opportunities
- Understand foam glass gravel’s applications in to help develop cohesive sales strategies and influence approval rates
- Be the technical subject matter expert of foam glass gravel in calls, meetings, presentations, trade shows, etc.
- Work with marketing to build assets, decks, and product documentation
- Represent Glavel on job sites to ensure safe and effective delivery
- Resolve technical issues and customer concerns during installation
- Identify projects that could be shifted from competing materials to Glavel
- BS in Civil Engineering with 4-6 years relevant experience, preferably in the geotechnical field
- Detailed understanding of commercial and civil construction, including bid management and procurement
- Familiarity with technical sales
- Demonstrated understanding of lightweight fill and aggregate applications (MSE, bridge abutments, etc)
- Excitement for sustainability and emerging trends in construction
- Knowledge of public-private partnerships
$70,000-$75,000, plus commission
Travel in the northeast is required. The position is located in Burlington VT, but can be hybrid or remote in some situations.
The Glavel Operations team is seeking Plant Operators who are responsible for the safe and efficient production of foam glass aggregate at the Saxon Hill manufacturing plant. Plant Operators will oversee various processes and equipment to ensure that production is running smoothly and finished goods are within compliance of quality control standards. Routine maintenance, equipment troubleshooting, and production efficiency are key functions of the position.
- Operate and monitor plant equipment in the production of foam glass aggregate.
- Responsible for material blending, kiln cleaning, and routine inspections of manufacturing equipment
- Execute raw material staging for efficient use and storage
- Operate telehandler for aggregate transport, storage, bagging and truck loading
- Execute daily standard machine & facilities maintenance functions – clean & inspect, minor machine/system adjustments & repairs
- Perform routine finished product Quality Control including sample collection, preparation, analysis and documentation
- Provide back-up to Team Lead as required
- High school diploma or equivalent (preferred, not required)
- Forklift/heavy equipment driving experience helpful
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Highly self-motivated with ability to work within a team
- 2+ years’ experience in manufacturing environment
Glavel, Inc. is seeking a Maintenance Technician at the Essex, VT facility on a two week alternating work schedule. Flexibility is required, including working overtime as needed. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for upkeep of the facility and equipment maintenance programs, troubleshooting, and repairs of production and material handling equipment. This position is responsible for performing preventative maintenance to ensure there are minimal disruptions to production. In addition, the Maintenance Technician will assist in the operation of production equipment, continuous improvement, and operator training.
- Responsible for adherence of all maintenance procedures and required documentation.
- Recommend and implement continuous improvement measures regarding all Maintenance programs.
- Equipment training and associate adherence to maintenance protocol.
- Excellent troubleshooting ability as well as making repairs safely, timely and accurately.
- Mechanical & electrical aptitude: well versed in pneumatics, hydraulics, servicing motors, gear boxes and other general equipment maintenance.
- Forklift/heavy equipment driving experience.
- Attention to detail to ensure that all jobs are completed in an exemplary manner and any potential hazards or warning signs of problems are not overlooked.
- Ambition to learn and mentor others working both independently and as a strong team member.
Pay is based on experience. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Glavel is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful
discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national
origin, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other
applicable status protected by state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based
on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has
the purpose or effect of substantially interfering with an individual’s work performance or creating an
intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including
managers, supervisors, co-workers and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors and
consultants. This policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment as well as the use
of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions
such as promotions, compensation, benefits and termination of employment.
Glavel shall take affirmative action to ensure applicants and employees are treated without regard to
race, religion, color, age, marital status, disability, sex or national origin in all employment actions
including, but not limited to recruiting and selection; promotions; demotions and transfers; rates of pay
and other forms of compensation; selection for company sponsored training; and layoffs or other
terminations of employment.
Glavel will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities and
employees whose work requirements interfere with a religious belief unless doing so would result in an
undue hardship to Glavel or cause direct threat to health or safety.